1) tiny puppies under 6 months are not supposed to be in it. Who knew!
2) Take a clipboard or something for each class so that you can see the full list of everyone who has entered without scrabbling madly through a notebook.
3) it's PHENOMENALLY DIFFICULT to remember which dog is which and which owner is which when you have 10 classes, most with at least 10 dogs in.
4) Labels for people to write their names on would be a good move. Or write down the breed.
5) don't dogs come in a lot of shapes!
6) there are more miniature schnauzers in Devon than you'd think
7) it's best not to try to guess if it's a sprollie or a springer. Just don't go there.
8) you may regret giving a prize to the nice old lady who then yanks her dog away rather too roughly by the collar.
9) Try to make sure everyone gets a rosette. Having places 1,2,3,& 4 in all classes helps a lot with this.
10) I'm so glad I have a REALLY LOUD VOICE because there was no loudhailer and there was a band playing!
In other news, we gave Best in Show to the big brindle rescue lurcher called Mr Darcy. Bull mastiff x greyhound x saluki, temperament to die for, my god, he was GORGEOUS. I got lots of cuddles!