1) Maedhros: WHY? (this has been my number 1 question from the Silmarillion since I was ?13, I think)
2) Where the hell is Celebrimbor?
3) Apart from the breaking of Thangorodrim, what are Elrond and Elros up to, and given their seemingly unpromising foster-parents, how come they grew up so well-balanced?
4) Gil-galad, Galadriel and Celeborn: what were they up to?
5) Who sank which bits of Beleriand, and did they have to?
6) What are the strengths and weaknesses of the Vanyar as a fighting force?
7) Whither the Dwarves of Belegost?
8) Whither the Sons of Bor (remnant) given that they are not Edain?
9) Can you get ships up the Brandywine river, and if so, how far?
10) how does the economy of a dwarf-city interact with the surrounding agricultural area?
65,000 words and still there is absolutely shedloads of War of Wrath to go, AND I still need to decide what to do with Dead Fëanor, who is now frivolously bantering with Gandalf and bloody-mindedly refusing to be in a story with a proper ending to it.
Normally I can never write anything this long or anything like this fast, and to be honest, I never thought I would or could write Tolkien fanfic at all. It is all most odd.