- An absolutely delighted elderly gentleman riding valiantly on his mobility scooter, with a huge excited grin, holding out his arm rather like a charioteer to hold the leads of two enthusiastic Jack Russell terriers that were raring to go and charging along as fast as the scooter could go.
- The same elderly gentleman going the other way about an hour later, with a rather gentler and more satisfied grin, and two terriers trotting politely by his side.
- A very ruggedly good looking gentleman, quite muddy, carrying a very tired golden spaniel puppy.
- A tired looking woman with a rather hard, lined face, and perfect long brilliantly-red hair.
- an elderly lady in sensible shoes and respectable pale cotton shirt, marching up a hill with an air of absolute determination, bent almost double under the weight of a large rucksack.
Helga Saab has passed her MOT, and she only needed a fuel filter and one headlamp bulb! Rejoice! For a car that has done over 135,000 miles, that's not bad. Well done Helga. I think her fan controller thing has got stuck and needs looking at - but given how absurdly cold this summer is, slightly misplaced aircon is hardly a major problem.