- Cleaned the walls!
- Cleaned things stuck to the walls, eg, radiators! (removed smaller things stuck to the walls, eg... you don't really want to know).
- painted the walls!
- painted the doorframes!
- painted the front door (inside)
- discovered that before you start painting things... and particularly before you start painting things with gloss paint - it is wise to hoover thoroughly. Particularly if you want to paint the skirtingboards and have a house packed with hairy beasts.
- unclogged the vaccuum cleaner
- Hoovered all the things!
- discovered that the vacuum cleaner appears to fire small pieces of gravel intermittently in the presence of gloss paint.
- picked 999 small pieces of gravel from the gloss paint.
- overpainted the places where 999 small pieces of gravel had been flung and painstakingly removed again.
- resolved that NO painting shall occur in future without pre-emptive hoover-unclogging and vaccuuming.
The daffodils and camellias are well in bloom, and the primrose-yellow Azalea is over already. I've bought some seeds! They were impulse buys from Morrison's so not exactly carefully-chosen specials but still:
1) california poppies (last year they did so well strewn in the sunny spot along the driveway that I thought I had to give them another go!
2) mixed climbing nasturtians
3) container peppers for the greenhouse
4) basil (am not sure it is possible to grow too much basil...)
5) butternut squash
Now I desperately need to get out there and weed and plant!