I had made good headway on destroying the
So, I have spent much of this weekend pulling brambles, rolling them up into bundles and flinging them on the 'to burn' pile. I also filled two large tubtrugs with assorted weedings (mostly grass), pulled up some of the escaped raspberry canes, and laid a few feet of hedge (up by the raised beds). I also took a long hard look at my cherry tree, Summer Sun, and decided that her two bottom branches were just too low and in the way, so have removed them before the sap really starts flowing.
The Morwellham pear tree already has big leaf-buds showing! I've trimmed all the new fruit trees a bit so that they only have branches right on the top, as I want them to form a canopy, rather than a mass of branches that stop you walking through the garden.
There's so much left to do!