2) checkup for Mollydog, new prescription
3) checkup for Yama, steroids and antibiotics for nose gunk issue
4) Letter for vet to sign off so that Az can have massage session with purple_witch
5) Vet that last saw Az is on holiday. But I persuade another vet to sign it instead without having to pay for an extra checkup, hurray!
6) Driving home, find neighbour's (unspayed) staffy bitch in middle of road looking apologetic.
7) back of car is already full of sighthounds, middle seat full of cat carrier. Load staffy into front seat. Get liberally kissed by delighted staffy in the process
8) drive home slowly and cautiously, intoning 'Shelly! STAY!' Fortunately she is a nice little dog, and does.
9) Unload cat. Unload sighthounds.
10) Borrow collar and lead from Az. Let out collar a long way, to fit round chunky Staffy neck (she's not wearing one)...
11) Return staffy to neighbour's house and reclaim collar.
12) Reprove neighbour's children sternly for shouting crossly at returning Prodigal Staffy: no wonder she doesn't want to stay there...
13) Back to house. Sigh of relief. Check internet. No internet. Arg. Turn-it-off-and-on-again. Check on other machines. Still no internet.
14) rummage for ISP's phone number.
15) call ISP. Go into queue. Broadband returns while am in queue, as quietly and mysteriously as it departed. Ring off.
16) Start to check email, but interrupted by text message from server monitor: site nonresponsive. Aaaaargh. Check sites. Site monitor has a point.
17) Call server admin. Wait in queue.
18) Ask server admin: var partition full again? No. Exciting new DNS rollout has been ballsed up. Being unrolled again as we speak. Joy. Still, at least others are suffering, it's not just me. Somehow this makes it seem less bad.
19) Resist temptation to suggest pointedly that a good time to do critical stuff like this would be 3am, not 3pm. Ring off.
20) in the presence of technology disaster, flee to LJ to tell world my woes.
21) unable to post rant to livejournal as internet connection down again!
22) Call back to ISP. Queue. 'Call is important to us and should be answered shortly' for half an hour...
23) Scream and run away into woods to live as a hermit.