1) what kind of maniac stuffs a strawberry?
2) who wants fresh strawberries at Christmas anyway?
3) why can we not just accept that strawberries out of season taste of nothing but bland-yet-sour pap and just eat something else?
4) How come we can buy strawberries all year round, yet the season for satsumas, which I ADORE and which as a citrus fruit ought to store much more easily, is so very very short? *
* actually I think I know the answer to that, strawberries are tolerant plants and can be forced into production when a more sensible plant like the divine SATSUMA would scorn such profligate behaviour.