I made more today! I did 1 pint of juice to 1 pound of sugar, but I *think* this has produced a rather sweeter jelly than last year, so I may experiment with using less sugar in another batch. Once again, it took far longer than expected to reach the setting point, I must have been boiling it for over an hour.
I picked another pound of berries in Calstock this evening: the plan for those is blackberry liqueur only I need to buy some more vodka.
The hounds think blackberry picking is rather dull, but I enjoy it so they just have to put up with mooching about in idyllic settings being bored. Most dogs would enjoy that sort of thing.